Carlinville Area Hospital’s new Outpatient Therapy Department is over 7000 square feet and provides Physical, Occupational and Speech therapy.
The area has 5 private treatment rooms one of which is a large pediatric room with sensorimotor area and swing, a school desk for handwriting, posture, and education and various teaching toys/ I-pad. Another treatment room is dedicated for Lymphedema patients.
A large Occupational Therapy area in the gym is designated for hand therapy, splint fabrication, ADL re-training, and life skills activities.
Our occupational therapists can help restore your ability to perform daily living and work-related tasks. They employ techniques to improve your upper extremity strength, range of motion, coordination, dexterity and pain control.
- Musculoskeletal and neuromuscular impairments of the upper extremities
- Repetitive movement related injuries
- Workers compensation injuries
- Post-operative surgeries including:
- Joint replacements
- Shoulder surgeries
- Carpal tunnel surgeries
- Tendon/ligament surgeries
- Sensorimotor conditions
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Developmental delays
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Coordination Problems
- Sensory Dysfunction in children
- Chronic Conditions affecting everyday independence
- Visual perceptual skills
- Behavior concerns in children
For more information on the occupational therapy services offered at Carlinville Area Hospital, please call 854-3141 X298.