Greetings Residents of Carlinville & Surrounding Areas!
It is a very exciting time at Carlinville Area Hospital & Clinics! Your local hospital is growing, thriving, and providing more high-quality healthcare to area residents than ever before! CAH&C’s team of Board Members, Physicians, Medical Professionals, and Front-Line Staff are working in concert to ensure our organization stands ready to care for you and your family.
Here are some facts about CAH&C that you might be interested in knowing:
- CAH&C is advancing the level of care offered locally. During the COVID Pandemic, the CAH&C team successfully provided treatment for several serious and very complex patients. The training, competence, and confidence that our medical professionals gained during this period will continue to benefit patients needing an advanced level of care both today and in the future.
- CAH&C Specialty & Surgical Services have expanded. CAH&C has just successfully performed its first ever Total Knee Replacement right here close to home. Our experienced Surgery, Nursing, and Rehabilitation Departments have been training and practicing for months in order to care for this and future orthopedic joint replacement patients. Simultaneously, specialists in Oncology, Gastroenterology, Ophthalmology, Gynecology, and General Surgery are expressing tremendous confidence in care as their practices grow locally.
- CAH&C continues to invest in modern and advanced healthcare technology. During the pandemic, our Laboratory deepened its testing offerings with new instruments. Furthermore, we will complete the upgrade of our Electronic Health Record across our clinics and the full digitization of our Radiology department within the next several weeks.
- CAH&C Physicians are providing medical expertise and guidance to clinical operations. We are fortunate to have a number of experienced and talented physicians working together to ensure that CAH&C provides exceptional care for their patients. The high level of physician engagement is providing tremendous benefit to patient care outcomes.
- CAH&C is successfully attracting, recruiting, and retaining high-quality staff. The key to the success of any organization is the quality of its people. We are equally fortunate to have a number of current healthcare professionals on our team with significant longevity while simultaneously attracting a number of new healthcare experts to lend their talents to our efforts. Members of the CAH&C team know that our environment is one where everybody makes a difference in the care we provide patients across the area.
- CAH&C’s local leadership team is highly focused on delivering the best care possible for our friends and neighbors. Nearly every member of the Executive Team is a talented local individual with long-term connections to the organization and community. Local members of our leadership team include: Jessica Barkley-CNO/CQO, Tracy Koster-COO; Jamie Bray-Clinic Exec; Tanya Kessinger-Specialty Exec; Jerod Cottingham-IT; Ed Smith-Facilities. Patrick Nudo, CFO and I are honored to work with this talented group that is committed to local excellence.
- CAH&C is looking toward and planning for the future. Over the next few months, our Board, Medical Staff, and other organizational leaders will initiate a formal strategic planning process to guide us on our journey to becoming one of the top rural hospitals in the country.
As a member of the Carlinville area community, you should be very proud of how CAH&C has risen to meet the challenge presented by the unprecedented national health pandemic. Our team has unwavering commitment to delivering the highest level of care to all residents both now and in the future.
I’d like to thank all members of our organization and the community for the warm welcome that has been extended to me during my first year and more importantly for the hard work that each member of the CAH&C family has put into the progress of our organization.