When should I have the exam?
You are eligible for your first Medicare Wellness visit during the first 12 months after your enrollment in Medicare Part B. Then you are eligible again once every 12 months.
Who pays for the exam?
You, the patient pay nothing if your qualified provider accepts Medicare B assignment.
- Medicare will pay for most screening services prescribed
- You might have to pay a copayment for some follow-up services
How do I schedule my visit?
Medicare Wellness Visits can be scheduled at either of our Rural Health Clinics – Carlinville Family Health Care or Girard Family Health Care. Call your preferred location and tell them you would like to schedule your Medicare Annual Wellness Visit, and they will help you plan your appointment.
Carlinville Family Health Care: 217-854-3881
Girard Family Health Care: 217-627-2222
Things to bring to your Annual Medicare Wellness Visit:
Prior to your Medicare Wellness Visit, you will receive a package of information and forms to complete and bring with you to your appointment. Some of the information we’ll be asking for includes:
- A list of healthcare providers and suppliers currently involved in your care
- Any family health history you have, in as much detail as possible
- A list of all your medications and dosages, including over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, supplements, and herbals
- The names of the pharmacies you use
Why is the Medicare Wellness Visit important to my health?
The Medicare Wellness Visit is a proactive part of what we describe as preventative care. It’s what we do to help you prevent or delay medical problems. Getting preventative care saves you time, money, and the worry that may come with medical problems. If you can avoid future medical problems, you will be more independent and have a better quality of life for a longer time.
For more information and to schedule your annual Medicare Wellness Visit, call us in Carlinville at 217-854-3881 or Girard at 217-627-2222.