You are among the hundreds of thousands of individuals who have chosen to take a more active role in your health care by using FollowMyHealth®- an online, innovative tool that provides anywhere, anytime access to your personal health records, and enables you to take a proactive role in managing your care.
FollowMyHealth is used by hundreds of healthcare organizations and thousands of physicians across the country as the power behind their hospital or clinic’s specific patient portal. While your portal may have a different name, the technology is the same.
With FollowMyHealth, you can:
- Review your medical records online in a safe, secure environment
- Communicate privately with physicians via secure messaging
- View test and lab results, read medical notes from your doctor
- Update your health information (allergies, medications, conditions, etc.)
- Request Rx refills
- Schedule or change appointments
- Fill out and submit forms prior to appointments
- View and pay bills …and more!
And it’s available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via any computer, tablet, or smart phone!
How do I create a FollowMyHealth® Universal Health Record without an invitation?
If you are creating an account from a mobile device, please go here.
If you have not received an invitation e-mail, but wish to create a Universal Health Record, please see the following steps:
1. Go to https://www.followmyhealth.com (link will open in a new tab or window).
2. Click the “I need to sign up” button (circled in red in the image below).
3. Fill in the appropriate information seen in the next image below. Then select Confirm and Continue at the bottom of the page.
(Please provide the accurate zip code as this is the measure we use to search for the local medical organization that connects to us)
Warning: if you select “I Decline” the portal creation process will not complete
5. From here, you will create your FMH username and password. For more details on this process, please go to this article.
6. After successful creation of the username, you will be directed to the “Request Connections to Healthcare Organizations” page. This can be searched by either zip code, provider name, or medical organization name.
NOTE: The search does default to the zip code that was input on the registration form in Step 3
Please be mindful that some medical organizations prefer that their patients connect strictly via email invitation, which you may obtain by contacting your provider’s office. If this is their preference, your medical organization may not appear in your search results.
7. Click “Connect” next to the name of the desired medical organization (s). They will move from “Search Results” over to “My Organizations”. You may need to adjust the distance range on this screen. Once all your medical organizations are selected, click “Next” at the bottom right to continue.
Note: In the event you hit “Skip This Step”, or if you have already created your Universal Health Record and are not connected to your medical organization, click here for instructions on how to request a connection from inside the patient portal.
8. After hitting “Next”, you will need to Accept the Release of Information for each of the organizations that you selected to connect with your portal.
After completing these steps, the medical organization will receive notice of your request for your medical records online. They will process your request and you will either receive notice of your connection or notice of the inability to match your account to your record, likely for security reasons. If this is the case, the e-mail should contain the next steps you need to complete the connection.