Are you among the millions of Americans who suffer from a sleep disorder? Leaving a sleep disorder undiagnosed and untreated not only affects the quality of your life, but it also affects the lives of those around you. Sleeping disorders have an effect on your everyday activities such as driving a vehicle or work performance. It can also be a health concern by increasing your risk for high blood pressure, stroke or heart attack.
If you experience any of the following, you could benefit from having a sleep study performed.
- Restless Sleep
- Nocturnal Angina
- Morning Headaches
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
- Gasping or choking during sleep
- Snoring, interrupted by pauses in breathing also known as sleep apnea
Just like other illnesses, leaving these symptoms untreated can cause further health problems such as:
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Myocardial Ischemia
- Myocardial Infarction
Carlinville Area Hospital offers a brand new state-of-the art Sleep Lab located in the new Medical Office Building located at 20163 North Broad. Sleep studies are available for pediatrics and adults in a comfortable private room providing a home-like setting.
- Testing is available Monday – Friday; special arrangements may be available for Saturdays and Sundays.
- A Board-Certified Pulmonologist interprets all results.
- Sleep studies are covered by most private insurers, as well as Medicare/Medicaid
- Most studies can be performed within 1-2 weeks of scheduling test.
For more information or to schedule a sleep study, please call 217-854-3141, ext. 247.