Medical Records Department
The part-time, HIM Clerk maintains medical record integrity through filing, assembling, and retrieving confidential patient medical records; processes admissions daily; maintains master patient index; assists physicians and hospital staff in locating records; responds to requests for medical information from attorneys, insurance companies, hospitals, physician offices, patients, federal and state intermediaries by performing clerical duties in accordance with established hospital and department policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-3 months' related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Detail oriented
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and navigate job-specific computer software